Monday, February 8, 2010

First Show

Friends!

Last week was a blast! I can speak for the both of us that it was a great first show. First and foremost I would like to thank everyone that listened and called in. Throughout the two hours we were on the air, we were getting constant feedback on how we were doing. The phone was ringing constantly for the first hour with people on the line with requests (If we didn't play a song you requested, don't worry. We wrote them down and will be sure to play them on Wednesday). I'm sure it'll be as fun as last week.

Moving on, I really want to utilize this blog to get local bands' names out, promote shows in Manhattan, and become place for comments (and constructive criticism) from you to help us put out the best show we can. Don't forget to submit songs for our locker-room-jam-of-the-week, too.

I've managed to get a handful of quality local music this week. Below are their names and links to their music, so be sure to check them out before/during/after our show.

HOLY Mountain - Kansas City, MO
http://www.myspace.com/holymountainmusic

The Yellow Walrus - Olathe, KS
http://www.myspace.com/theyellowwalrus

Thieves - Kansas City, MO
http://www.myspace.com/thieves

Jets to June - Overland Park, KS
http://www.myspace.com/jetstojunemusic

Mime Game - Lawrence, KS
http://www.myspace.com/mimegame

Abandon Kansas - Wichita, KS
http://www.myspace.com/abandonkansas

Short An Ocean - Lincoln, NE
http://www.myspace.com/shortanocean

Queens Club - Kansas City, MO
http://www.myspace.com/queensclub

***If you're in a band and want us to play your music, leave a comment below OR email us at dd.do.manhattan@gmail.com and we'll do our best to give you some airtime***

Please leave us some suggestions! Definitely don't forget to help us do Manhattan on Wednesday from 9-11!

-Derek and Dan
wildcat919.com
twitter.com/DoManhattan


No comments:

Post a Comment